2. My mom’s in the crowd, which means that Todd will score two because he knows I’m there by proxy.
3. I have no idea who is starting – there was no mention (surprise) before I crashed for the night…
:: Hossa and Kopecky come back to the Joe.
:: Cleary faces his former club (Jason Williams is still on IR)
:: Dustin Byfuglien. What’s that about?
Zetterberg — Datsyuk — Bertuzzi
Miller — Filppula — Cleary
Draper — Helm — Eaves
May / Leino — Abdelkader — Maltby
Lidstrom — Rafalski
Meech — Stuart
Lebda — Ericsson
Howard / Osgood ??
Johan “Ulf Ekberg” Franzen
Jason “Jenny Berggren” Williams
Niklas “Linn Berggren” Kronwall
Tomas “Johnny Linden” Holmstrom
2. Good game for the leaders to step up: Nick, Pav, and Z are going to need to deliver big games if the Wings are to have any chance.
3. Whoever plays net will have to play lights out. Hasn’t been a problem for Jimmy. If it’s Osgood, I’m sure there’s some rust to shake off.
4. For the record, I’m aware you don’t measure players’ worth by whether or not they score in a given game. But I’m also aware it’s okay to point out when they miss the net by a mile or spend more time on their ass than that 800 pound guy from Maury (who MIGHT have been the baby daddy).
For the second game in a row, I asked JJ his thoughts. Here they are, slightly less prison rapey. Which usually means less funny. Not this time, though:
I narrowly picked Patrick “Spear of Testiclese” Sharp over Dustin “Fugly” Byfuglien last time, so this time I’ll go with the big Butt-ugly. He’s mean, he’s big, he stands up for his guys, and he’s no threat to Valtteri Filppula for best hair on the Wings. Also, I’ve never seen anybody get the best of Kirk Maltby as often as he has. That has to count for something, right?