Ty Conklin has cleared re-entry waivers and will start tonight in New York. That’s good news. Approximately.
A handful of injured Red Wings said they’re getting closer to returning to action. The gist:
- Nicklas Lidstrom could return Saturday vs. Carolina. There’s still some pain when he turns, so I bet he holds off another game or two, but he’s a gamer.
- Jakub Kindl could return Saturday as well.
- Jonathan Ericsson is aiming for one week from tonight vs. Columbus.
- Jimmy Howard said he could have backed up tonight if he needed to. That’s encouraging.
- Johan Franzen is receiving treatment but hasn’t started skating. Hopefully he won’t lose too much conditioning so that it won’t take the requisite two weeks to get his legs under him.
- Joey MacDonald is not on the trip, instead saying behind to see a back specialist in Detroit. Joy.
- Darren Helm is shut down until at least the first week of the playoffs.
- Patrick Eaves hasn’t begun skating and I would be shocked if we see him at all again this season.