I was THIS close to naming the post “Helene St. James Fail,” as she filed back-to-back Maltby stories, one quoting Maltby saying he’d decided to wait until after the season, followed – almost immediately – by one quoted Ken Holland, who said Maltby was headed under the knife soon.
Ansar Khan, who apparently has been on vacay (or on the Island), chimes in with more specifics. Kirk Maltby will have season-ending shoulder surgery, and Andreas Lilja will be cleared to return for Monday’s first game back from the Olympic Break.
So….disregard that last TPL. And everything else from this morning. Consider us jailsexed by St. James.
With Maltby going to LTIR, there is no need to move any players or salary.
- TFYA with a 2-0 victory over Switzerland means that they will compete for a medal. If they can get by Czech Republic or Finland, they’ll be playing for the Gold. If they lose their next one, they’ll be frolicking for the Bronze.
- Those white Swiss jerseys are awesome. I absolutely love them. Asymmetry is going to catch on. Mark my words.
- The best thing to come out of the Olympics so far? Shit Dick Fuck Up. Make sure that catches on.
- New Red Wing acquisition Ole-Kristian Tollefsen was ejected after perfectly executing a flying elbow drop on Lubos Bartecko. Red Wings Hockey! Clap…Clap…ClapClapClap.
- If the rumors are true and the Wings are interested in signing the diminutive free agent to a contract, I want to let it be known: I will buy a red and whtie #48 Mats Zuccarello Aasen jersey RIGHT NOW. Just to see how they fit that big-aas (H/T Saler) name onto a jersey.
Slovakia :: Branko Radivojevic